Kiefer Jewelers originally started in 1957 as the Village Jewel in downtown Dade City. David Hevia and Wendy Hevia of Tampa, both with long careers in jewelry, acquired the jewelry store in 1997 from Al & Margaret Kiefer, a foundational couple to the community. They honored the Kiefer legacy by asking to rename the store Kiefer Village Jewels, later to become Kiefer Jewelers.
In 2002, Kiefer Jewelers opened it's second location in Lutz, FL in the Collier Commons shopping center. The Lutz store was moved into a free standing state-of-the-art jewelry store and repair facility in 2006. Kiefer Jewelers became an Authorized Rolex Dealer in 2008. In 2016, a new Rolex Corner was added to the showroom.
Kiefer Jewelers is still family owned by David and Wendy Hevia. Their daughter, Alex Hevia Schlindwein, grew up working in the family business. She also worked as a department manager for a Tallahassee Rolex jeweler and a marketing director for a manufacturer's bridal division. She rejoined the family business as a store manager in 2014 and today she serves as the company's general manager.